Harriet’s of Hove
Harriet’s of Hove is a small independent shop in the heart of Hove, focusing on the environment and offering a completely plastic-free experience born from a desire to reduce the amount of single-use plastics in the world.
Four years ago, Harriet and her partner Mhiran, set off on a new adventure to open a truly plastic-free refill shop in Brighton and Hove. Tasked with the aim of offering the community a different way to shop for sustainable and ethically sourced products. They focus on supporting independent businesses and suppliers who share the same ethos, helping to empower individuals making a change to their lifestyle and helping to positively impact the environment.
From opening the shop with little retail experience to creating a community hub with the power of helping thousands of people, Harriet’s have always had the community at the heart of their business and now they’re asking for help from us! After remaining open throughout the pandemic and helping to provide their important services on everyday of lockdowns, they now want to grow bigger and better with five main aims coming from their crowdfunder. These are as follows:
– Install 20 new gravity bins and 10 scoops bins in order to extend the range of refill products we offer, this will also mean we can help homes become eco in even more ways.
– Redecorate to improve customer experience through lighting/visual merchandising and a much needed fabulous shop spruce up!
– A mural wall to celebrate our local community and all those who have made higher donations to our crowdfunder. Please see donations information for more details.
– Improve staff rest area, because the staff members need some TLC too and they are integral to our business.
– Improve our store room to make it a more organised and workable space, especially with all the new products coming!
Any donations will be matched with entry to their prize draw where you’ll be in with a chance to win a whole range of amazing prizes.
For more information and your chance to donate, please visit: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/harrietsofhove-crowdfunder